- One in seven students is either a bully or a victim.
- 56% of students have personally witnessed some type of bullying at school.
- 71% of students report incidents of bullying as a problem at their school.
- It is estimated that 160,000 children miss school every day due to fear of attack or intimidation by other students. Source: National Education Association.
- 24% to 25% of children admit to bullying others at least once per year (Nansel et al., 2001; Haynie et al., 2001).
- 100,000 students carry a gun to school each year.
- Playground school bullying statistics. Every 7 minutes a child is bullied. Adult intervention 4%, Peer intervention 11%, No intervention 85%.
- Almost 30 percent of youth in the United States (or over 5.7 million) are estimated to be involved in bullying as either a bully, a target of bullying, or both. In a national survey of students in grades 6 to 10, 13% reported bullying others, 11% reported being the target of bullies, and another 6% said that they bullied others and were bullied themselves (Nansel et al., 2001)
© 2011 The Brighter Future Anti-Bullying Foundation. All Rights Reserved.